Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- What is estate planning?
- Do I need an estate plan?
- What happens if I die without a will?
- What is a will?
- What is a trust?
- What is the difference between a revocable trust and an irrevocable trust?
- What is probate?
- How can I avoid probate?
- Do I need an attorney to help me administrate an estate?
- How do out of state assets affect my estate plan?
- What is a power of attorney?
- Why have a healthcare directive?
- What is a death tax?
- What is our firm’s role in the probate process?
- How can we serve not for profit organizations?
- How can I establish a nonprofit organization?
- Is managing a nonprofit organization the same as managing a for profit company?
- What is a conflict of interest policy as it pertains to nonprofit organizations?
- What is the role of a transactional attorney?
- Do I increase my liability by giving warranties?
- How are nonprofit businesses different than for profit businesses?
- What are the benefits of having written contracts for my business transactions?
- What would working with a lawyer add to my business?
- How do I plan for the future of my business?
- What are the key things every business owners should know?
- What types of business advisors will I need to be successful in managing my business?
- What are some of the points I need to know about my cash position?
- What to consider when structuring my business?
- How do I leverage my customers and connections to improve my business?
- What are the key steps in establishing a nonprofit organization?
- How can an attorney help me establish my nonprofit organization?
- How can an attorney help me reinstate my nonprofit status?
- How can I modify an employment handbook?
- Is an employment handbook a binding agreement?
- Why is it important to have an attorney review your insurance policies?
- How can I ensure that the noncompete agreement I am using is enforceable?
- Should I retain an attorney to draft my employee handbook?
- Should my company have a written employee handbook?
- What is a noncompete agreement?
- What is an “at will” employment?
- Why do I need an attorney to help me draft a noncompete agreement?